Villasenor & Associates is pleased to present our exclusive new listing for a Vice President & General Counsel position with a very-highly respected company. The position will be based in the Los Angeles area.
Our client, which does business in the retail automotive industry, is seeking its first General Counsel to oversee its day-to-day operations, as well as its strategic growth plans. The company boasts an iconic brand with a rich history and a longstanding presence in Southern California, and beyond.
Summary of Responsibilities
The General Counsel will plan, oversee, direct and support all legal activities for the organization, providing strategic advice to the Leadership Team on all corporate matters, including engaging outside counsel (as necessary).
The various duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Strategic Direction
• Organizational leadership
• Consumer, Automotive Regulatory, Dealership, Employment and Environmental Law
• Corporate Governance
• Litigation Management
• Private Equity and Real Estate Financing
• Real Estate Development/Construction
• Corporate Development
• Staff/Functional Management
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Experience serving as the General Counsel for a public or private company of greater than $1B in revenue
• Automotive, Retail, Financial or closely related industry experience
• Expertise in transactional, consumer, employment and general commercial law issues
• Strong executive presence and credibility; ideally comfortable working directly with a Board of Directors
• Significant experience and familiarity with California law is highly preferred
• Must be an active Member of the California Bar
• Highly intelligent, energetic, analytical, imaginative, and results-oriented, the successful candidate will bring a fresh perspective to the role, as well as provide strong strategic support for the continual growth of the company’s business
• An aggressive leader capable of reducing unnecessary costs and intelligently streamlining the legal function in order to reduce third-party legal billings
• Humble, yet highly confident in his/her ability to ensure that the organization remains a first-class company that is innovative, resourceful and highly respected
• Excellent executive presence and communication skills, both internally and externally, and the ability to relate well with all levels within a highly team-oriented environment
• A strong work ethic and ability to roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done
• High integrity and a personal sense of commitment to excellence; treats others with respect and ensures adherence to quality standards and ethical business practices
Location – Los Angeles area
Travel – This position will require up to 25% travel
Compensation – Depends on experience, but the general range is $250K – $300K
If you have some or most of these qualifications, and if this position sounds interesting, please feel free to send along your resume and we will be happy to review. If we feel you might be a good fit, we will contact you for an initial screening interview.