I’m pleased to share an exclusive search for in-house Employment Counsel. Please see details below.
Employment Counsel (Remote Location)
WASH, a leader in technology-advanced, eco-friendly laundry room operations, is seeking to fill an opening for the role of Employment Counsel. The company headquarters is located in Torrance, CA, but the attorney can work remotely, if based outside of Los Angeles. If you are a local attorney, it is expected you will spend some time in the office and some work travel will be required, regardless. This person will report directly to the General Counsel, and will be responsible for overseeing all employment-related legal matters across the company, and its affiliates throughout the United States and all Canadian provinces, including overseeing outside counsel.
In this role you will:
- Provide sound advice and counsel on a broad range of labor and employment matters in both the United States and Canada
- Draft a wide range of employment-related documents (e.g., employee handbooks, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, offer letters, severance agreements, etc.) and ensure they remain up-to-date and current
- Research, develop and implement employment law related compliance policies, procedures and best practices, both domestically and abroad
- Be responsible for the oversight and management of outside law firms
- Support any internal investigations
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team on employment issues
- Keep informed of employment laws and regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
We are seeking candidates with:
- A J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Membership (in good standing) with the State Bar in which you are located
- 3-6 years of employment law experience at a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience in labor and employment law, including labor unions, employment counseling and litigation experience
- Additional experience in Human Resources is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and additional benefits are included.
WASH is a leader in technology-advanced, eco-friendly laundry room operations. Its “best-in-class” facilities management services can be found at apartment properties, condos, college and university residence halls, military bases and other multi-housing locations. More than 8 million people do their weekly laundry at a WASH facility. WASH is a privately held company founded in 1947 and based in El Segundo, California and operating in 30+ US states and all Canadian provinces. Through its subsidiary Coinamatic Canada, WASH also has a commercial laundry distributorship and ParkSmart, a division that manages parking facilities. For more information, please visit www.washlaundry.com