Villasenor & Associates is delighted to share with you a new, exclusive in-house opportunity.
Our client, a thriving and innovative company, is a full-service investment and asset management firm operating throughout the country with divisions focused on affordable housing, capital investments, the energy sector, insurance, and more. As a result of tremendous growth over the last number of years, the company is seeking to bring on an experienced attorney as Transactions Counsel, ideally based in Southern CA, but open to other locations, as well.
Transactions Counsel will work with the Chief Legal Officer on a wide range of sophisticated transactions across multiple industries. Counsel will work closely with outside firms and internal team members to ensure Company contracts are high-quality and consistent across transactions in order to help fulfill the Legal Department’s risk mitigation function. In addition to the transactional work, Counsel will review and comment on material third-party contracts entered into by the Company, such as contracts with vendors or service providers at our properties. Counsel will also assist the Chief Legal Officer in developing, implementing and overseeing all policies and procedures for Legal Department processes. Compensation is highly competitive (market-level), plus incentive bonus and comprehensive benefits, all commensurate with experience.
• Excellent academic credentials and a law degree from a top university
• Admission to CA Bar (or another state)
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with a focus on real estate transactional work, ideally gained at a large law firm and/or in-house with a major company
• Proven negotiating skills, with both legal and financial/commercial issues
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the Company
This is an active search and it will be filled quickly. If you (or someone you know) is interested, please contact me directly with your resume, law school transcript, deal sheet and any other relevant materials.
Office: (323) 879-9640